Sunday, January 3, 2016

Living an artistic life in Tucson. So much has changed for me as an artist. I moved to Tucson in March 2014. My big plan was to live here one year to learn Lapidary art and buy the equipment I needed to do the job.

I had seen Kevin Potter on fb  and went to visit a few times. It turned out they needed to hire and it was right place right time. I found Old Pueblo Lapidary Club and joined it. I met old timers who told me a thing or two about stones and sold a few too. I lived here for my second gem show. 
I have learned much since coming here. I like Tucson. It isn't where I used to live by a long shot. Once I got a little removed from the desert bugs that seem to love to bite and sting, it was pretty nice. 
I  found and bought my lapidary equipment used except for the Genie. I bought every tool for metalsmithing it seemed I could not live without.
I took classes in lost wax, silversmithing, went to monthly meetings at OPLC...I ate metalsmithing and lapidary for breakfast lunch and dinner for a year.
I have slowed down a bit. I work full time for Kevin at Potter USA and we make tools for jewelers. He is kind enough to let me use his tools when I need to. 
I am featured in four store's jewelry cases and a gallery approached me and asked to show my work.
I have so much to learn! I am doing what I love and loving what I do. Living my life the way I have wanted to live it. 

Happy New Year and I hope that your visions for yourself come true like mine have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment