Monday, November 5, 2012

leaning towards metals, until resin came along...

It has been a while since I posted anything. I lost my way, then I got a job...which threw a kink in my creative-ness. But now it is back on....and we are remodeling our home. So, when I can I do make things...

and yes, they do move! I was thinking of an airplane propeller....can you tell?



boat prop shape earrings....These are my standby fav's
my first attempts at resins...it says "bee's knees" with bumblebee wings and a brass bee butt...

My newest love is the resins and texturizing brass and copper!! It is so flexible and makes for endless possibilities! This bangel is still a work in progress. Still trying to work out what to put on the front..a resin half dome? a line of  very green chrysoprase beads? It came out being a very comfortable piece of jewelry. I wear it to bed and forget I have it on most of the time.
Fun stuff! Just wanted to share the latest stuff.Oh one more item...
My photos leave something to be desired. I really do need to find those macro lenses...This says "A" (insert butterfly wing) "& Prayer"
there are four others that the resin never dried in...what did I do? maybe not blend the mixture enough..scared of forming bubbles in the resin. Oh well, live and learn. I like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment